Our Nursery is purpose built to meet the needs to our youngest children. It has a large, welcoming classroom and an enclosed, secure playground near the playing field and Multi-Use Games Area. The Nursery is well resourced with a wide range of play equipment, both indoors and out. The children enjoy exploring and investigating in the large sand pit, playing on the climbing frame and slide, and getting messy in our digging area, amongst many other things! The outdoor canopy enables the children to use the outside area whatever the weather.
We recognise that children’s experiences between birth and five years are crucial in laying the foundations for future learning and development. This period in a child’s life is described as ‘The Early Years Foundation Stage’. At primary school this stage includes both Nursery and Reception classes. We believe that children’s early years experience should be happy, active, exciting, fun and secure.
We offer Government funded sessions of 15 hours per week, every morning between 9am and 12 noon during term-time. Children may also stay for optional afternoon sessions, which includes lunchtime care, between noon and 3pm. The cost of an afternoon session is £10 or is covered by the Government 30 hours funding, if eligible.
Our school Nursery is open from 9am to 3pm during the main school term time and is our Early Education offer. We have the same calendar dates as the main school.
We have a Nursery Teacher who is supported by other staff throughout the morning sessions. Afternoon sessions are run by our Nursery HLTA and support staff.
Early Education through our Nursery is offered to all families for the main school term-time dates only, this equates to 38 weeks a year.
Early Education is offered within the national parameters –
- no session to be longer than 10 hours
- no minimum session length (subject to the requirements of registration on the Ofsted Early Years Register)
- not before 6.00am or after 8.00pm
- a maximum of two sites in a single day
Early Education is offered to families [number of weeks] weeks of the year. The funded hours can be claimed (to the maximum available)
- Mon – 9 to 12 (3 hours), 12 to 3 (3 hours). Maximum of 6 hours per day.
- Tues –9 to 12 (3 hours), 12 to 3 (3 hours). Maximum of 6 hours per day.
- Wed – 9 to 12 (3 hours), 12 to 3 (3 hours). Maximum of 6 hours per day.
- Thur – 9 to 12 (3 hours), 12 to 3 (3 hours). Maximum of 6 hours per day.
- Fri – 9 to 12 (3 hours), 12 to 3 (3 hours). Maximum of 6 hours per day.
- All Children must attend the 5 morning sessions. The afternoon sessions are optional and need to be booked in advance with the School Office.
We will work with parents to ensure that as far as possible the hours/sessions that can be taken as free provision are convenient for parents’ working hours.
Admission to Nursery
If you are interested in applying for a place in our Nursery, you need to get in touch with Mrs Coates in the main school office. Either pop in to speak with them or call them on 01603 743317.
For parents of a child with a Special Educational Need, please refer to our school SEND policy for further information to help you decide on the right setting for your child.
The Admission Policy is issued to all families as part of the registration process. It is also available upon request.
We will need some information from you in order to process your application. Please see below:
- you will need to provide documentation that confirms your child’s date of birth.
- on a termly basis, all parents are required to complete and return an Early Education Funding form. If these are not completed and returned, we are unable to claim funding for your child’s place in the Nursery.
In addition, we aim to identify all children who may be eligible to meet Early Years Pupil Premium support. We will use this and any other locally available funding source to support or improve outcomes for these children.
If your child is isolating at home and requires a home learning plan, we will post them on Tapestry for you to access. Please post anything that your child has done at home, so that we can help plan for your child’s return to school. Please feel free to email us if you need any help or advice or have any issue with Tapestry.
What to expect in the Early Years Foundation Stage
This guide is for parents of children from birth to five years old. It will help you find out more about your child's learning and development in the EYFS.
Government help with childcare costs for parents. Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support.
Tax free childcare checker
Check if you’re eligible for Tax-Free Childcare, how to apply and how to pay your childcare provider.