At St Augustine's we promote many aspects of Health and Well Being through our Assemblies and several areas of the curriculum such as PE, DT, Science and PSHE.
We expect all pupils to know how to stay healthy and to recognise what constitutes an unhealthy lifestyle. There are many opportunities for children to discuss 'Being Healthy' and what to do when illness occurs. Health professionals such as the Community Dental Worker, visits classes to promote good teeth care.
National health screening programmes are provided in school:
In Reception all pupils have their eyesight and hearing checked.
In Reception, Year 1, 2, 3 and Y4 all pupils are offered a Flu Vaccination.
In Year 6 all pupils are offered a height and weight check.
After School Clubs
- Year 1&2 continue to take part in tennis sessions after school on a Tuesday.
- Zumba club has started for Y3,4,5 & 6 on Tuesday.
- Running Club has started for KS2 after school on Wednesday.
- Summer Term-
- Rugby Tots for KS1 on Monday (cancelled due to lack of uptake)
- Lacrosse for Year 3&4/5&6 on Tuesday
- Tennis club for KS1 on Tuesday
- Cricket club for Year 5&6/3&4 on Wednesday
- Zumba club for KS1/KS2 on Thursday
- Running club for KS2 on Friday
- Lunchtime football club continues on Wednesday lunchtimes for KS2.
- During lunchtime Mrs Wright offers a wide range of activities and equipment to make lunch times fun and happy!
- Thank you to the Year 6 play leaders who go and play fun games with KS1 and EYFS- they love it!
- KS2 speed stacking club on Friday lunchtime with our Legacy leaders.
- Our Legacy Leaders would love to offer you a range of games in our 'active area' on Tuesday lunchtimes.
- After Team GB's success in the Davis cup this year, the LTA organised a tour of the Davis cup around the country. When it arrived in Norwich, a group of Year 3&4 children went and saw the enormous cup and enjoyed getting some professional tennis coaching.
- The Norwich City Community Team arranged for schools to use the Carrow Road pitch for a one day football festival. The girls started each game with the boys finishing the match. We played four games, played well as a team, had a great day and won!
- Our Year 4 girls got VERY wet at the all girls competition at the FDC Bowthorpe. They played really well and showed that hard work and team work are the most important things to have a great day!
- Well done to our Y4 tag rugby team, their skills really improved throughout the day and they won in the final!
- The cross country finalists had a lovely sunny day at Greshams School. We did exceptionally well with four top ten places and everyone beating their personal best.
- A big well done to our Year 5 athletics team. You took part in the Y5/6 competition with great sporting enthusiasm.
- The Year 1 football team also had a great time at the local KS1 football festival.
- Well done to Year 5 for working hard to create your 'Global Domination' dance for the dance show in December.
- Year Six Tag Rugby team worked extremely hard in the local tournament. Other school were very impressed by their organisation and team work.
- Congratulations to all the KS2 runners who took part in the Cross Country Competition. We hope that our six qualifiers do well on the 1st February!
- Congratulations to our Year 6 cricket team! They won the schools round of the inter-schools competition AND came 6th in the county finals!
- Well done to our Year 4 football team who enjoyed all their games at the Canary 5's competition on Friday 12th June. They all did brilliantly and won all their matches!
- This half term we will be having a netball shoot out competition for KS2 at lunchtime. Year 4 and 5 will be our competition managers. If you would like to become a star shooter, come along and have a go!
- Thank you to those who entered the dance competition!
- The school's feast day tournaments were a big success! We saw lots of budding talent in both the netball and football inter-house competitions.
- Well done to the winners of our last lunchtime competition. Y1-Y6 did brilliantly well in the 1-minute speed bounce competition. A big thank you to our wonderful competition managers too for doing your job so well!
- A big thank you to everyone who took part in the mini-marathon challenge! We raised lots of money for CAFOD, found out who the fastest orienteering teams were in KS2 and who was the most agile in the KS1 obstacle course!